So Long Green Dream, Hello Entrovation

So Long Green Dream, Hello Entrovation

In the past five years, marketing teacher Greg Perry’s junior achievement company has hosted The Green Dream, a massive annual expo of local businesses and activities to promote sustainability, health and wellness.

This year, The Green Dream is being replaced with Entrovation, a new business combining the concepts of entrepreneurship and innovation. Like the Green Dream, Entrovation, scheduled for April 19, will provide businesses an opportunity to market their wares.

“Instead of selling a product, the students sell a business trade show,” Perry said. “They spend all year doing the logistics, planning, selling [and] marketing of the event.”

The big event features vendors from a wide variety of companies. This year, there was an increase by about 41% than last year in the number of businesses that want to be featured in the show. This year, there are going to be 170 exhibitors at this event.

“It [will include] people from technology, arts, entertainment, food, so there is going to be a broad spectrum of business there that go beyond just sustainability health and wellness,” Perry said.

This year, there will be many new features at the expo. There is going to be a innovative entrepreneur of the year award and every exhibitor will be eligible.

“In order to vote, you have to be at the event,” Perry said.

The tent for the expo is 60 feet wide by 200 feet long and it will be lit up in LED lighting that changes colors.

Another new feature of the event will be an “Entro-lounge.”

“The Entro-Lounge will be a really cool, South Beach kind of place for people to hang out,” Perry said.

There will also be a “Paint Zone,” where you can spray paint a wall with digital spray cans, and “Game Craze,” a mobile gaming truck.

Perry and his students have high hopes for Entrovation.

“I think it is going to be a really huge success,” Entrovation Vice President for Production Michael Dailey said.

For more information, visit http://entrovation.com/